Method Lounge Chair
Mix it up.
Rhyme, reason, regality—it’s all here. Method is a stellar medley of disparate elements that appear to flit and float. A beautiful architectural frame ties it all together for a cohesive and marvelous assemblage of parts. Delicate wood armrests richen the experience. Recommended for casual rendezvous and serious relaxation.
- Powder-coated steel tube frame
- Solid wood armrests
- Felt pads on underside of feet to prevent floor scratches
- Tibit Ivory (Faux Sherling): 100% Polyester | 100,000 Double Rubs
- Tomato Velvet: 82% Polyester, 18% Cotton | 100,000 Double Rubs
- Skidway Ink: 100% Polyester; plush weave | 50,000 Double Rubs
- Ink Leather: An aniline leather with a soft matte finish and velvety feel; Variation in the natural leather becomes more beautiful with use; Leather seat with coordinating ink velvet chair back
- Loden Velvet: 82% Polyester, 18% Cotton | 100,000 Double Rubs
- Loden Leather: A full aniline leather that is buffed and finished with a light wax and clear topcoat for a smooth, natural look and feel; the leather's surface is further polished with heat and pressure for a clean, modern aesthetic
- Color variation is a signature to the authenticity of natural leather
- BIFMA rated
- Ships fully assembled
The Method Lounge Chair
The brief for Method was simple; design a lounge chair with an interesting mix of materials. After sketching for some time we landed on an idea where the main components of a lounge (seat, back, and arms) are separate ‘modules’ tied together by a thin steel frame. We felt this approach would impart a certain lightness to the chair and allow us to really dial in the comfort by slightly tweaking the ‘modules’ in relation to one another. A few more rough sketches to figure out the construction details and it was time to head into the shop and make something we could all sit on. The prototype came together easily and required only a few slight adjustments to get us all to agree the comfort was on point. We gave the wood element on the arms the pebble treatment, removing all the sharp edges and softening the flat surfaces. We really love the material combos we came up with; durable (and cleanable) leather seats paired with the plush velvet of the back. Shearlings a new material for us and we think it works really well with the playful nature of this silhouette.
Designing stuff we love.
Everyday here in Minneapolis.