New Standard 3 Seat Sofa
Game on.Sometimes it is not about starting from scratch, but rather revisiting past designs and making them better. The New Standard sofa is simplicity at its best - with a twist. Wide arms and inviting loose cushions all come together with tuned proportions and show stopping legs.
Also available in leather.
Shop the entire New Standard Collection
• Sturdy kiln-dried American hardwood frame, doweled and corner blocked for added strength
• Sinuous steel springs provide durable support beneath cushions
• High resiliency foam cushions with feather down wrap provide a mix of firm support and comfort, and with use will take on a more casual appearance. To promote even wear over time, we recommend fluffing and flipping cushions frequently after use.
• Powder-coated steel legs
• Fifth support leg at center
• Nixon Blue / Sand: 46% Acrylic / 43% Cotton / 11% Polyester
• Sanford Black / Coal: 63% Polyester / 37% Acrylic blend upholstery
• Spitzer Grey: 100% Polyester
• Some assembly required
The New Standard Collection
We didn’t design our first upholstered piece until Blu Dot was seven or eight years old. Designing sofas is different than designing most other things. It can often be less about new ideas and clever solutions and more about making beautiful forms with a welcoming sit – comfortable sculpture. New Standard is definitely that - nicely proportioned with carefully crafted cushions that have surprising comfort. And the sweet little leg on this sofa doesn’t just look cool. It was designed this way because it is always hard to attach a leg cleanly and directly at the outside corner of a sofa, as all the fabric comes together at that point. That’s why New Standard’s legs attach to the frame inboard and appear to “float” at the corners. It’s always a bonus when solving a practical problem leads us to an interesting aesthetic detail.
Designing stuff we love.
Everyday here in Minneapolis.
We do our best to keep our top selling designs in stock for instant gratification.
To confirm stock availability or lead times before placing your order please contact us via email at [email protected] or call our Sydney showroom on 02 9313 5400.
Typically, items will be delivered to you within 7-10 business days. However, some items may ship from Blu Dot HQ in the USA and take up to 12 weeks to reach you. We will notify you if the item you have selected has an extended lead time.
Standard shipping rates to curbside are a percentage of your order total based on your ship-to address. Shipping rates to NSW, VIC, QLD and ACT are 10% of your total order. Shipping rates to SA are 20% of your order total. For shipping to Western Australia, Tasmania, Northern Territory, other Australian territories or New Zealand, please email [email protected] for a quote.
You will receive tracking information once your order leaves our Sydney warehouse.