Skald Lounge Chair
Viva la lounge.
Meet Skald, a modern yet classic lounge chair perfectly situated for composing poetry. Made in Italy with luxe fabrics paired with polished chrome or powder-coated steel frame creates an inviting silhouette for an architectural piece.
- Polished chrome or powder coated steel frame
- Wood shell wrapped in foam and batting seat
- Plastic feet glides to protect surfaces
- Stone Velvet: 39% Cotton / 28% Alpaca / 11% Polyester / 9% Virgin Wool / 7% Polyamide / 6% Viscose | 100,000 Double Rubs
- Maharam Mantle in Parsley: 59% Post-Consumer Recycled Polyester / 37% Polyester, 4% Spandex | 100,000 Double Rubs
- Maharam upholstery fabrics are Green Guard and Green Guard Gold certified to meet the standards for low chemical emissions and VOCs, contributing to healthy indoor air
- Onyx Leather: An aniline leather with a soft matte finish and velvety feel; Variation in the natural leather becomes more beautiful with use
- Canyon Leather: This semi aniline corrected leather has a pebble texture. it is marked by a silky smooth and drapey hand that exudes a more modern aesthetic; Offering color consistency throughout the hides, it is ideal for high traffic applications
- Color variation is a signature to the authenticity of natural leather
- BIFMA rated
- Ships fully assembled
Skald Lounge Chair
It’s rare that a chair is so defined by its sketch, but Skald captured us from the start. Our goal was to create a low-profile lounge chair that fit nearly any style and setting. The design process quickly became all about balance. A steel framework allowed for a minimal, linear silhouette, but it took some fine-tuning to ensure it was equally strong without being unwieldy.
The slim seat involved the same tricky math. We refined the foam until we had a minimal profile that hit the comfort sweet spot — firm yet yielding. We then added leather upholstery from one of the oldest family run tanneries in Italy, as well as an alpaca velvet and Maharam option. The result is a chair that’s modern yet classic, straightforward yet architectural.
Designing stuff we love.
Every day here in Minneapolis.
This Might Interest You
Standard shipping rates to ACT, NSW, QLD and VIC are calculated at 10% of your merchandise total. Contact us for the best possible rates to NT, SA, TAS and WA.
'Ready to Ship' items will be dispatched to you within 2-5 business days. Other designs may ship from Blu Dot HQ in the USA with a 12 week lead time. We will notify you if the item you have selected is out of stock.
Your order will be delivered to your door via courier or furniture mover depending on your location and the overall order size. We will contact you in advance to co-ordinate a suitable delivery day and time.
Inside delivery and assembly is available to most capital cities at an additional charge upon request.
Please note, delivery drivers do not walk dogs, cook meals or take off their shirts.
Thrilled. Delighted. Satisfied. This is how we want you to feel about your Blu Dot purchase.
Although we do not refund for change of mind if something arrives damaged or defective, let us know and we will make arrangements for a replacement or refund if necessary.
Please note that original delivery fees are non-refundable and additional shipping fees may apply.